A LIFE CHANGING REFLECTION.



Tonight i have been thinking back on my trip to kenya and realizing what an amazing opportunity i got to have there. not only did i get to spend some much needed time with my mom and love her even more and realize what an amazing women she is, but i got to meet some amazing people like..
Kellen.
this women is the most hardworking human being to have ever crossed my path. always in the kitchen making sure we were all fed and happy. she was my momma kellen.

THE HINGA FAMILY.
grace, me, alice, david, and mom. the nicest family who give everything they have to their church and the community especially tumaini. they welcomed us into their home and treated us as a part of their family and i can say that we left as just that.


because of these people and many many others i will be forever changed. i will never forget the many experiences i had, like getting shoes for the kids or measuring their worn tired feet for new TOMS. seeing their thankful chocolate smeared smiles thanking us for the candy. their incredible laughter as they watched me and mom show them how "americans dance" i could go on and on... just always remeber that their are others out there that dont have what you do. their are some who have nothing. and thats no lie.

3 comments:

  1. this post makes me want to go to africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these people are beautiful! you will need to tell me everything about your trip. I can't wait to go there someday:)

    ReplyDelete